Return-to-Work Issues in Workers' Compensation in New Brunswick
|Online Reference Manual||$119.00||Add to Cart|
Protect your organization - learn about the return-to-work process under the Workers' Compensation Act.
Employers today face multiple legal and rehabilitative issues arising from illness, injuries and absences from work. It is crucial for you to understand your obligations and employees' rights when they are returning to work. Purchase these reference materials and get surefire techniques for overcoming challenges surrounding your return-to-work obligations in New Brunswick.
These reference materials will deliver practical strategies for establishing and maintaining return-to-work programs while controlling costs. Avoid problems down the road by making sure you have all the latest information and survival tips. Order today and get a game plan for ensuring success for you and your company.
Benefits for You
•Discover easy-to-use strategies for managing the return-to-work program
•Get a handle on the appeals tribunal process
•Find out how to accommodate employees returning to work
•Properly handle employees who are continually absent from work
•Be better prepared to handle employees with disabilities and human rights issues
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration
9:00 am - 10:30 am Human Rights and Disability
— Dominique Fontaine
• The Definition of Disability: What Are the Exceptions?
• The Right to Medical Information: When and How?
• Accommodation Process: Mental and Physical Disabilities
• Case Law Update
10:30 am - 10:45 am Break
10:45 am - 12:15 pm Case Management and the Return-to-Work Process
— Angela Dunham
• Rehabilitation Activities and Functional Assessments
• Return-to-Work Programs
• Roles of the Parties Involved
• Suitable Accommodation
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm Lunch (On Your Own)
1:15 pm - 2:45 pm Good Faith/Bad Faith: Challenging Cases in Disability Management
— George Raine, CHRP
• Creating an Effective, Fair and Defensible Return-to-Work Protocol in Substance Abuse Cases
• This Employee Needs to Drive a Lift Truck - What to Do When Doctors’ Return-to-Work Notes Fail the Sniff Test
• Welcome to the Point of Undue Hardship - How to Tell When You Have Walked the Extra Mile and What Comes Next
• Dealing With Dr. Summeroff: What to Do When the Serial Absentee Meets the Indulgent Physician
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm Break
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Legal Aspects of Returning Employees to Work
— Lucie LaBoissonnière
• Duty to Re-Employ
• Duty to Accommodate
• Procedure Under the Act