Energy Efficiency Tax Incentives for Residential Builders and Commercial Building Owners
|OnDemand Webinar||$199||Add to Cart|
There are a number of energy incentives available for builders and owners of residential and commercial real estate. These federal tax incentives are available for projects ranging from relatively simple building upgrades to the implementation of new electrical systems. The types of tax incentives available to taxpayers include tax deductions, tax credits, and payments of cash grants in lieu of tax benefits. These incentives are often overlooked by buildings and owners of residential and commercial real estate even though these incentives can substantially reduce the cost of installing energy efficient property. This OnDemand Webinar will guide potential recipients of these incentives through the various rules and deadlines. The program will also offer practical advice to help taxpayers maximize the benefit of the available incentives.
- You will be able to discuss energy efficient commercial buildings deduction.
- You will be able to review new energy efficient homes credit.
- You will be able to explain combined heat and power system property and microturbines.
- You will be able to describe rooftop solar systems.
AuthorsKatherine Breaks, KPMG International
Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction (IRC §179D)
• Certification Requirements (ASHRAE/IESNAI Standards)
• 50% Energy Reduction Standard
• Planning Considerations
New Energy Efficient Homes Credit (IRC §45L)
• Energy Efficiency Standards and Credit Amounts
Combined Heat and Power System Property and Microturbines (IRC §48)
• 10% Investment Tax Credit (IRC §48)
• 10% Cash Grant in Lieu of Investment Tax Credit
Rooftop Solar Systems
• Types of Solar Energy Property
• 30% Investment Tax Credit (IRC §48)
• 30% Cash Grant in Lieu of Investment Tax Credit