Underground Stormwater Management Best Management Practices (BMPs)
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
With the ever increasing regulation of environmental impacts including that of stormwater runoff, it is important for engineers, architects, planners, property managers, real estate developers, construction contractors, environmental professionals, and public works and regulatory agencies to understand the potential application of underground stormwater management (SWM) best management practices (BMPs). Stormwater management is required by nearly all jurisdictions of the U.S. and other parts of the world to manage the impacts of the quantity and quality of stormwater runoff from new development or redevelopment to prevent environmental damage to downstream environments and infrastructure. Recognizing the potential and appropriate applications of SWM practices to meet the needs of a project is critical at all stages of site construction, development, and infrastructure projects. This OnDemand Webinar will provide insight into the use of several types of underground SWM BMPs for various project applications and conditions to help you with proper planning, design, review, or execution from the concept stage all the way through construction.
- You will be able to identify applications of underground SWM BMPs.
- You will be able to describe types of underground SWM BMPs.
- You will be able to explain excavation equipment/technique control.
- You will be able to discuss inspection and access provisions.
AuthorsTim M. Anderson, P.E., Karins and Associates
Applications of Underground SWM BMPs
• Limited Development Site Area
• Surface SWM Replacement to Increase Usable Site Area
• In Combination With Surface SWM
SWM Analysis/Design Considerations
• Subsurface Conditions
• Hydrology and Hydraulics - Modeling
• Local Drainage and SWM Regulations/Policies
Types of Underground SWM BMPs
• Excavation Equipment/Technique Control
• Verification of Subsurface Conditions
• Verification of Construction Materials and Installation
• As-Built Surveying/Documentation
• Inspection and Access Provisions
• Specialty Equipment