Navigating Loan Workouts and Short Sales for Commercial and Residential Real Estate
|OnDemand Webinar||$199||Add to Cart|
While the effects of the Great Recession on real estate are hopefully receding, five-plus years of loan restructuring, foreclosure activity and short sales have taught us some lessons. This on-demand webinar will review the latest trends in resolving troubled loans secured by real estate and provide an overview of strategies for the borrower and lender in resolving the nonperforming real estate loans that still exist. The program will explain the general methods of working out troubled loans and will delve in to specific issues in loan workouts based on recent cases, statues and enactments. Whether a seasoned veteran on the front lines of the real estate recession or a newcomer to world of real estate loan restructuring, this on-demand webinar will provide takeaways for any level of expertise.
- You will be able to review forbearance agreements and loan modifications.
- You will be able to explain short sales.
- You will be able to identify title issues.
- You will be able to discuss bankruptcy ramifications and bankruptcy remote entities.
AuthorsLarry N. Woodard, Miller Canfield
Loan Workout Methods and Means
• Forbearance Agreements and Loan Modifications
• Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure
• Consenting to Foreclosure
• Short Sales
Specific Loan Workout Issues--Commercial
• Securitized Loans, CMBS and Special Servicers
• Guaranties and Recourse Debt
- Guaranty Carve-Outs
- Guaranty Collectability
• Title Issues
• Lease and Income Issues
• Bankruptcy Ramifications and Bankruptcy Remote Entities
Specific Loan Workout Issues-Residential
• Loan Modification Programs
• 'Fannie' and 'Freddie' Short Sale Requirements
• Deficiencies in Residential Short Sales or Foreclosures