Essential Job Functions According to the ADA
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Gain a better understanding on how to identify the proper method of drafting job descriptions in accordance with the ADA.Many employers are not sure what they should and should not place in a job description. Is the task an essential function of the job or a marginal function? You will learn that what it claims are the essential functions of the job matters. This topic will discuss typical problems employer's encounter and how to deal with those problems under the ADA. You will gain a better understanding of how to draft job descriptions, and what you should and should not consider in drafting.
AuthorsCassandra L. Santoro, Barclay Damon, LLP Michael J. Sciotti, Esq., Barclay Damon, LLP
Essential vs. NonEssential Job Functions
Reasonable Accommodation Process
• What Is a Reasonable Accommodation?
• When Do You Have to Provide a Reasonable Accommodation?
• Documentation of Reasonable Accommodations
• Interaction With State Requirements on Reasonable Accommodations
• Medical Inquiries
• Written Employment Policies
Discipline of Employee Who Is Disabled