Form I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification Update
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Make sure you understand the requirements of the I-9 Form to ensure accuracy with employment eligibility verification.Would you be ready if ICE came to audit your I-9 records today? All employers are required to meet stringent I-9 employment verification requirements, yet most are unknowingly making mistakes that could be quite costly. The good news is that those mistakes are preventable, and this information can help you put policies and practices in place that will help you improve your compliance and avoid penalties and fines down the road. This topic will cover basic and advanced I-9 requirements, when E-Verify is mandatory, and how to ready your company for an I-9 audit. This material will review new developments in the I-9 world and how to evaluate electronic I-9 providers. Finally, this topic will ensure you have the tools in place to stay in compliance moving forward - so you can be confident if ICE comes knocking on your door.
AuthorsAimee L. Clark, Clark Immigration LLC
Are You in Compliance With I-9 and E-Verify Employment Eligibility Requirements?
• Basic Principles of the I-9 and E-Verify Systems
• Government Agencies Involved at the Federal and State Levels
• Potential Penalties
• Government Audit Process
• How to Complete the I-9 Form and Avoid Costly Mistakes
What Has Changed in the I-9 World Lately?
• Temporary Changes Due to COVID-19
• New I-9 Form Version and Instructions
• Enforcement Actions and Increased Fine Levels
• Use of Electronic I-9 Systems
What Are the Most Important Steps I Can Take to Maintain I-9 Compliance Going Forward?
• Policies, Procedures, and Oversight
• Training Program
• Regular Internal Audits