The Basics of HIPAA Privacy and Security
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
An excellent refresher on the key features of HIPAA along with the privacy and data security regulations.HIPAA, a national medical privacy law that is over two decades old was a law that was way ahead of its time. HIPAA's generous scope laid an important foundation for efforts to advance health-related information technology in a secure manner that respects individuals' rights to control the use and disclosure of their protected health information. Now as we find ourselves in the midst of an international infectious disease pandemic, it is important to know and understand the robust features of HIPAA's privacy and security provisions to apply them not only in a health care setting but potentially employment settings as well. Because HIPAA is a law that is intended to be technology neutral, understanding how to scale it to fit unique facts and circumstances is essential. This information will give you the tools to do that. You are encouraged to submit questions in advance and they can be answered live during the webinar.
AuthorsLeslie Bender, CIPP/US, CCCO, CCCA, IFCCE, BCA Financial Services, Inc.
Revisit the Key Objectives and Features of HIPAA Privacy and Security to Understand How They Accomplish the Following:
• Allow Individuals to Control the Use and Disclosure of Their Health Information
• Allow Organizations to Establish Clear Approaches to Using and Disclosing Health Information
• Organize and Manage Relationships With Vendors, Contractors and Subcontractors (Known as Business Associates Under HIPAA)
• Map out What May Constitute a Security Incident and When It Is Considered a Reportable Data Security Breach
• Establish Administrative, Physical and Technical Controls to Safeguard Protected Health Information