HR's Guide to Immigration Law
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Understand the steps you need to take to ensure you are in compliance with I-9 and E-Verify requirements.Employers and foreign nationals are faced with a confusing web of ever-changing requirements related to I-9 and E-Verify compliance and work visa options. Employers have to balance non-discrimination policies with enforcement policies to meet I-9 requirements. Employers also have to determine when and how they can sponsor a foreign national employee to work in the U.S. This topic will give you the steps you need to take to ensure you are in compliance with I-9 and E-Verify requirements. We will identify common and hidden traps in the employment eligibility verification process and how to avoid them. This material will also give you a deeper understanding of the various U.S. immigration work visa categories. We will discuss who qualifies in each category and how USCIS and other government agencies are currently applying their discretion to grant or deny applications. This information is critical for employers to ensure they can be confident in their I-9 compliance process and to ensure they have the tools in place to hire the best workforce to help their company succeed in the U.S.
AuthorsAimee L. Clark, Clark Immigration LLC
Employment Eligibility Verification
• I-9 Compliance Process
• E-Verify - Is It Optional or Required?
• Government Audits, Oversight, and Penalties
• Temporary Policies Due to COVID-19
How to Avoid Fines and Other Penalties
• I-9 Self-Audit Best Practices
• Developing Practical and Effective I-9 and E-Verify Policies and Procedures
• Reviewing Documents and Detecting Fraudulent Documents
- S. Work Visa Sponsorship
• The Alphabet Soup of Immigration
• When Is Work Authorization Required - i.e., When Does a Business Trip Turn Into Work?
• H-1B and Other Immigration Related Penalties
• Sponsorship and the Recruitment Process
• Interrelated Employment and Tax Considerations