The Use of AI in Health Care
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
Gain an understanding of how artificial intelligence is utilized in health care.Faster, better, and cheaper. Health care has rapidly digitized resulting in the creation of immense amounts of patient data that serves as a key ingredient to rapid generation of insights through the use of artificial intelligence (AI). As data flows through the health care internet of things including EHRs, medical devices, diagnostic software, and numerous other connected systems, AI may help organizations leverage data in novel ways to transform the health care and life sciences industries. Responsible use of AI may unlock insights, spur innovation, drive quality and efficient improvements, and control costs. Yet, the use of AI is largely unregulated today and continues to create various legal risks and pose ethical questions. This topic will prepare you to understand the landscape of legal and ethical issues related to AI in health care. The information will also help you navigate risks associated with the development, implementation and use of AI in health care.
AuthorsAudrey Davis, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. Alaap B. Shah, J.D., MPH, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
Examine Definitions of AI and How It Is Currently Applied in Health Care
• Understand Landscape of AI Terminology
• Learn About AI Market
• Learn About the Importance of Data for the Success of AI
Explore the Risk, Legal, and Ethical Issues Related to AI
• Learn About Key Ethical Principles to Establish Trust in AI
• Learn About Key Areas of Risk Using AI in Health Care
• Learn About Ways to Manage Risk Through Contracting and Insurance
Understand the Current and Prospective Regulatory Landscape Impacting AI
• Review Existing Legal and Regulatory Landscape
• Understand Challenges of Regulating AI
• Examine Current Efforts to Further Regulate AI Moving Forward