Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside
|OnDemand Webinar||$149||Add to Cart|
Learn how to navigate the Medicare maze and the various challenges that may arise.Medicare Secondary Payer compliance continues to challenge attorneys, members of the claim management team, and other interested stakeholders. This includes recent guidance by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services related to the submission of Medicare Set-Asides in workers' compensation cases and lack of formal guidance in personal injury cases. This course will address the various challenges stakeholders face and provide guidance on how to navigate the Medicare maze.
AuthorsAaron Frederickson, MSP Compliance Solutions, LLC
Understanding the Medicare Secondary Payer Act
• A Brief History of the Act
• The Act in a Nutshell
• Understanding the Three-Legged Stool
New CMS Rules, Initiatives, and the Impact on MSP Compliance
• CMS User/Reference Guides
• CMS Rulemaking
• Other CMS Initiatives
Medicare Set-Asides in Workers' Compensation
• CMS Policy and the Voluntary Review and Approval Process
• WCMSA Reference Guide and v3.5 - a Step Toward Compulsory Submissions?
• Effective Compliance in the Brave New World of WCMSAs
LMSAs - Fitting the Square Peg in the Round Hole
• Law vs. Policy - Is CMS Policy Supported by the MSP Act?
• Obligation to Maintain Medicare as a Secondary Payer Post-Settlement
• Why Should I Adopt Best Practices?
Effective Medicare Compliance - a Checklist